Monday 28 May 2007

.. Of true hearts and real passions...

First... of true hearts..

- Sunday (May 27, 2007) -

This Sunday, I was assigned to lead praise and worship at church. So I prayed and sought for God's voice. And all week long, the messages that I've come across has been all about openness and honesty. The signs were everywhere. The newspaper i read, the movie i watch, the conversation i overhear. Literally, everywhere. And so, I tried to reflect on what God was trying to say.

Personally, the message was for me. I'm not an open book to be honest so for a start, openness has to begin from me. So point taken, i took it upon myself to try to be more open about my true emotions, my fears and inhibitions.

But what about honesty in worship. Sometimes, we make mistakes of following a pattern or having a standard in leading worship. Does it need to end in a certain way? On a high note? Will the songs lead the people to worship? We tend to complicate things more instead of just going back to basics. We forget that what matters is what's inside the heart.

I believe that God wants us to be open and true. What's really inside your heart. Are you hurting, broken and contrite? David always pours out his heart to God. He would cry about his enemies. About his failures. But in the end, he glorifies God and worships God for His faithfulness. And that's what should come out when we worship. Our openness and honesty when coming in the presence of the King. In humility, give ourselves openly and thankfully praising God for His mercy and grace.


Second.. Of REAL PASSIONS!

Bank Holiday - May 28, 2007

This monday, Pastor Melchor scheduled a congregational whole day prayer and fasting. So, those of us who could make it gathered together at St. Stephen's Church to pray and seek God. God said, "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land."

Truly, we needed to seek God. All month of April, I've always had this longing to seek God more. I even told my friend and cousin, Shawnee if we could start something, even with just the two of us, to do something in order to seek God through prayer. Cause honestly, during the past weeks, we've all been busy going to outreaches, doing this and that activity that I felt, Yes we were busy with the kingdom but not with the King.

Also, I've noticed that seats are slowly vacated every Sunday and the people who used to come hasn't been coming anymore. What's happening? Sometimes, even our church services seemed heavy. There's really that need. God is speaking to us. SEEK ME MORE!

So this Monday, I believed we finally came together. Like the families who helped Nehemiah build the wall, we came united in prayer. We sought God on our knees. Cried till we have no more tears and interceded like never before. Yes, INTERCEDE!

Truly, we need to keep the fire burning. Cause when the burden is gone, the passion starts to fade. And what's left? A heart that's void of passion for the lost and hurting.

And this is just a start. I know God will do more great things as long as we keep on seeking Him and Him alone.

.............

The following song is my own composition that was inspired from the book of Gwen Shaw about prayer and intercession (Teach me to weep)

TEACH ME TO CRY
(C) 2005

Here I am, Lord on my knees
Listen to my pleas
As I pray on behalf
Of those who are in need of Your mercy,
Forgiveness and peace
The lost and the sinner
The poor and the weak

Chorus:
Teach me to cry and weep
Teach me to pray, oh Lord and intercede
I'll cry and weep
Let my heart be broken
Bruised and broken
Let my heart be contrite
Oh have mercy, Lord
Draw us close to You

Bridge:
Grant us, Lord Your mercy
And lead us by Your grace
Touch our hearts and soul
That we might see You face to face
.............

No comments: