Wednesday 23 May 2007

My Diary of Poems (A life with Jesus)

BORN ANEW
(July 21, 2003)

I never expected this sudden change in me
Least of all, this decision to be a part of something great
I have been baptised
And i felt the Holy Spirit enveloping me in a tight embrace
Now my eyes are open
And now I see and understand things more clearly
And I have only these special people to thank for
For they have welcomed me
And accepted me with open arms
Without prejudice nor impatience
But accepted me for who I am
Now I'm a new man!

---------------------

ONE DAY AT A TIME
(December 26, 2003)

Why do I feel this way?
Who do I feel so burdened and restricted?
I thought I was getting past that stage
I thought I knew of a way to make it all better
But time and time again I feel pressured to deliver
To follow and to perfom the way they do

Oh Lord please help me to understand
Help me to overcome these struggles that I find
Give me the strength to stand through all the test of time
Be with me, Lord
And keep me within Your sight
Keep me in Your presence
In Your unfading light

Sometimes I feel I've had enough
But by Your grace I keep hanging on
I want to leave and get away from it all
But You keep pressing me on
To hold on to my faith and never let go

I know I fall short of a lot of things
And I ask for Your forgiveness
All I ever wanted is to be right with You
So lead me, Lord
As I take it step by step
One day at a time

--------------------------

MEEKNESS
(February 7, 2004)

Lord, I ask for forgiveness
Purify my actions
Lord, I should know better
I've heard Your words
And I keep being reminded on
But I stand proud
And I hear without understanding
I close my heart and pretend not to listen
So now I humble down before You
Take away all my pride
And open the eyes of my heart
Make me wise to understand
Make me humble to please You
Make me worthy to be Yours..

----------------------

PERSECUTED
(March 6, 2004)

I'm a sinner not a saint
But when they look at me they paint
A different picture in their minds
People tend to overact
They criticise without the facts
And they seem to know what it's all about

But i don't care of what they say about me
They don't know what's inside my heart
I will never compromise my faith
I will always cling to what I believe
By my sacrifice I'll be rewarded
By my faith I'll be saved

--------------------------

BLESSED
(May 11, 2004)

I feel so blessed nowadays
You've given me so much meaning in my life
And You've taught me so many things
For adding one more year to my number
I have come to terms with a lot of things
I've learned that happiness doesn't come
With pleasure or ambition or fame or fortune
It comes with knowing you are contented
And You've given me that
And I've learned that love doesn't come from shallow ground
It comes from a good and strong foundation

No comments: